Applications Closed for the 2015 Scholarship Award
Congratulations to last year’s winner, Catalina R!
Thank you for your interest in the Next Step Scholarship. Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2015 award.
Download the Next Step Scholarship Application
Interested applicants should submit a 500-1000 word essay describing what they hope to accomplish with their degree. Applicants and potential scholarship winners will be critiqued by the editorial staff at MyMortgageInsider.com and selected annually on Sept 10th, Applications for this year’s award are due by Aug 10th, 2014.
Applications are open to anybody who meets the application requirements. If you are currently accepted and or enrolled in any university or college program you are eligible.
Scholarship Details and Requirements
- $1,000 annual scholarship to be awarded to the chosen applicant.
- Scholarship shall benefit any person 17 years of age or older who is currently accepted to any program but not yet started, or any current undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in and attending a full-time program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to a full-time program, but not yet attending because the established start date of the program has not arrived.
- Applicant shall be at least 17 years of age and be accepted to and attending a full-time program at an accredited institution of learning.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, based on the previous year’s academic performance.
- Application Process
- Applicant shall submit all contact information as contained within the application, including name, address, phone number, email, date of birth and sex.
- Applicant shall submit proof of age. A photocopy of a driver’s license or other valid ID is acceptable.
- Applicant shall submit proof of enrollment or acceptance to an accredited institution of learning. A photocopy of transcripts or acceptance letter is acceptable.
- Applicant shall submit an essay of at least 500 words but no more than 1000 words that explain what they hope to accomplish with their degree and how they will impact the lives of others with the education and knowledge they acquire while in training. Essay will also include the student’s opinion of why they feel they should be selected to receive the scholarship funds.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel and winner selected based on criteria set forth in the requirements section of this document.
- Once the winner is decided and notified of the award, he/she will receive a mailed 1099-MISC tax form and the check will be delivered to their address. The winner of the scholarship award will be fully responsible for the taxes incurred from receiving the award.